Thursday, October 13, 2005

iPod Video

I want to be clear. I like Apple products when they work. I got into a crazy rant last Tuesday because I was fed up with the utter lack of customer service when my iPod became depressed.

On the other hand, Apple has always made a good product (excluding my iPod which is very prone to failure). Their computer hardware is alright, and their software is quite good.

Steve Jobs (CEO) has recently announced the video iPod as well as the new G5. Both look exceptionally good. I'm not sure why he didn't wait for iPod Nanao's sales to plateau before the release, but he's the CEO and I'm not.

Also I should note while I'm on my Apple rant that in about a year there will be a Mac with an Intel chip as opposed to the PowerPC bastard child formerly running all the Macs. This is especially interesting as it means there has to be an x86 (Intel) version of OS X. Soon you will be able to buy all the great PC parts with their interchangability and replacability and choose to boot into either Windows (probably Vista, formerly Longhorn) or OS X.

Both definitely have their advantages and drawbacks. These are exciting times. I definitely don't envy Bill Gates (a.k.a. Satan) when Apple finally releases a version of OS X for PC...

No comments: