Saturday, October 22, 2005

Club Champs

Today I woke up at the crack of dawn to go swim in a dorky little swim meet my club has every year. I have trouble waking up early to swim a 2.5k warmup and then two 50m races. So in an attempt to make my early morning more justified, I'm going to glamorize both races.

50 meter back - I was racing some fast guys includeing Richard Elkington (my main competition in backstroke). We both had a good race, but I beat him. I'm practically an olympic gold medalist.

50 meter free - I had an excellent dive at the beginning. In fact, this was probably the most powerful and technical dive I have ever done. After that the race was fine. I beat everyone except this kid on the outside who out touched me (in layman's terms that means we were side by side and he had a better finish than me).

Back to bed for me...

No comments: