Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Commencement

Yesterday was the longest commencement ceremony possible. I had no idea half these people were smart enough to graduate.

It all started with my Dad and Stepmom Leigha taking me to the keg in my grad suit. I felt silly and overdressed, but wine took care of that. I got a few ackward talks from my Dad concerning alcohol and sex. Again the wine helped me through...

After some really good food, we drove to the Jubilee auditorium. The first thing I did was lose the card telling me the order I'm supposed to be in. An idiot thing to do, but I was nervous. I don't know why. I assume the alcohol had worn off.

We marched in, took seats and then sat through the longest ceremony possible. There were performances by Mr. Postle's musical students (he was WAY too enthusiastic in the way he flailed his arms). Interspersed with the musical distractions and lengthy speeches (some good, some without a point), the alphagroups were marched out in order to recieve a mock diploma, a few handshakes, and a pin. People were acting retarded for their pictures, and I'm sure there will be a few displeased parrents.

One thing about the commencement that really creeped me out was how Mr. Peterson just took one look at me, at put his hand to my midsection in the precise spot where my flask was. With the volume of clothing I was wearing, there was no way he could has seen an outline, so this leads me to believe he is either psychic or has X-ray vision. I still have no idea how he did that...

When it was finally over, we all met up at a Denny's. Sadly it was the only thing open that late at night that we could all go to. I drank 4 beers (which I had no idea were even served at Denny's) which went straight to my head. I hadn't eaten for 6 hours at this point.

After giving thoroughly nautical directions, Adam drove me home.

No comments: