Monday, May 29, 2006

Grad Shoe Fiasco

This is the story of the past couple days. I needed grad shoes, but ended up going shopping 5 freaking times!! Where I would be content to go find a good pair and buy them, my Mom insists that this be the most unpleasant and painful experience possible. We have spent many hours trying on shoes that she selects (all her taste is in her mouth). Perhaps I am being on the picky side, but I'd like the shoes to look good and be comfortable. She keeps having me try on rediculous shoes that look horrendous. It seems that every time I go with my friends, we find a good pair in no time at all, but when I try to get my mom in to buy them, she picks them apart (invariably claiming they are the ugliest shoes she has ever seen).

So after much pain and suffering (I react poorly to both my mother and shopping), I forced her to buy a pair that everyone tells me look great (the word "everyone" obviously excluding her). I had to agree to pay for half to finally get her to buy them, after she said that my grad outfit was her grad present to me. A few days later she finally admitted that the shoes look really good. So here I am. Clothed. Shoed. Ready to rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you write.