Friday, May 19, 2006

Golden Triangle

Ok so I'm super hyped up for this weekend. I'm going to the mountains for a road biking trip called the reverse golden triangle (reversed so we aren't in huge packs of cyclists all the time). It's about 110km of biking each day (less than 4 hours). There are three legs of the trip that form a triangle. We start near Castle Mountain Junction where the cars will be parked, and travel to Golden, then Radium, and finally back to complete the loop. Each night we will be staying in utter dives of motels.

I'm really excited for this trip. This will be my first time on a road bike, and I hope I enjoy it and am able to keep up. These people are really athletic, and they practice road biking to the max.

My uncle's friend will be loaning me a hybrid bike (not a true roadbike, due mostly to additional weight). In addition to not having a true roadbike, I won't have barely any of the right equipment. I don't have clip in peddles (they allow you to push the peddles down as well as pull them up), meaning I'll have roughly 60% of the thrust and will only probably be over-using one muscle group. Also: people normally don't wear board shorts on a bike, but they're all I've got.

On a sad note, it really sucks that I'm going to miss Erin's 18th birthday party/drinking. Of all the people I could have to cancel on... it just had to be Erin. I hope she has a super blast of a time and I'm really sad that I'll miss this.

No comments: