Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My contract hath expired

There was this deal I made many days ago. It involved me not drinking for 17 days. This all started when my friends went on guitar tour. Since my group of usual friends was suddenly reduced to Eden and Eden alone, it was pretty lonely and boring (The only interaction being numerous games of checkers) . Naturally I began drinking.

I phoned the people in BC every night, and it didn't take them long to figure out about my drinking. They made me promise (three times) that I wouldn't drink until Erin's 18th Birthday, the 17th of May. 17 Days without alcohol. Good grief.

I renegotiated this contract for a party, but other than that have kept true to my word. The reason I'm writing this is that my contract has just expired. So with grace and clarity, I return to drinking status.

So Erin, I'm getting drunk tonight with or without you. I would prefer it if you would come, and not be lame.

Also: Happy Birthday...

No comments: