Tuesday, November 01, 2005

CALM Teacher

Mr. Postle was being a big tool today. I was all dehydrated and everything, but he wouldn't let me get water. As an athlete I have had nutrition information drilled into my head. One of the most important things is water. If you feel thirtsy ever, you're already dehydrated.

This morning I went to swim practice and had a tough set that I must have sweated alot in. We had to do 200m kick sprinting, but doing a dolphin kick patern off each wall. Also there was a time to beat, set by this national level chick who made this set up. Her time was 2:20 or something. People in practice beat her and the best time in our group was 2:12 or something. Meanwhile I slacked off and didn't do the kick pattern at all. So my coach made me do it again. This time I did a 2:08 (beating everyone by a good margin) but I did the kick pattern backwards without realizing it. So the THIRD time I had to do this set I did it all right and had a time of 2:10 or something. But I digress...

This all took large quantities of water and by second period I was really thirsty. I had to wait until lunch at which point I had two Milk 2 Gos and a can of pop in addition to spending a few minutes at a water fountain.

No comments: