Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sober at the Druid?

Kathy and I met Erin and Kristin at A Taste of Edmonton tonight. We had some really good cedar plank salmon, and then waited in line for some green onion cakes. I had a bunch of hot sauce on mine to train up for Andy's return from Europe tomorrow. So, after a few bites to eat, Kassia and Miriam showed up. They were just in time for desert too. Kathy and I both had this mocha ice cream thing. It was pretty good, but frozen solid. To finish off my tickets I got Erin a chocolate dipped strawberry. We sat and listened to a live band for a while. To my delight they played Little Bones by The Tragically Hip. There were a few people making fools of themselves by dancing, but we settled for singing along. Erin and Kristin tried to push me into a fountain, but they didn't count on me reacting by bracing my leg and arm on a ledge. Kristin has a playful side that I really like.

After Kassia and Miriam departed, I drove the remaining people to the Druid where they made fools of themselves. Erin insisted that I dance, and it took her quite some time to convince me. Actually it was Kathy threatening me with "Gay Points" that got me on the dance floor. There were two bachelorette parties happening, one of which consisted of sitting and drinking while the other was much more lively. The bride to be was wearing an extremely minimalistic dress covered in a candy bra. I was contemplating the ettiquite regarding eating that candy...

Erin called me beefcake some more, which was annoying considering I was sober. There is some fun to be had while being the designated driver, but I would have preferred to be on the other side of things.

No comments: