Sunday, June 11, 2006

Kids With Cancer (Not me)

Today Kathleen and I each ran 5km legs in a charity relay for Cancer research. It was quite difficult for me because I am not used to running all that much, and swimming doesn't require me to life my own weight. Regardless I just ran full tilt the whole way. I even caught up to and passed Kathy. She had a 5 minute headstart, but I have long legs and an ego that would be severely bruised if I let a girl beat me (even with a headstart).

The reason I did this is because my mother's friend's husband lost his son to cancer. He is really involved with this race, and every year he organizes 2 teams.



These pictures aren't the most flattering, but you have to remember that we're athletic and this is what athletes look like. Props to Kathy for doing this with me (quite well I might add).

No comments: